Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Raising Children Is Like Gardening

Such gorgeous tulips! Did you ever think that someone planted each one individually, then fertilized and watered them. Also the weeds had to be pulled. The flowers did not just grow that beautifully in that garden by themselves.
  Raising children is similar. If you want to have good, responsible children, you have to put in the time and effort. There are no shortcuts.
  I have raised four children. Very often people will compliment me on the way my children turned out. I'm not sure they realize that it didn't happen by accident; that I wasn't just "blessed" with good children. My husband and I invested much prayer, time, effort and sacrifice in raising good children. We didn't rely on having "quality time" with them after pursuing our careers.
 In growing gardens and raising children--you reap what you sow.


No comments:

Post a Comment