Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Commitment to Christ

This Sunday the Church will celebrate the Feast of Pentecost, remembering the day the Apostles, the disciples of Jesus and the Blessed Mother were baptized in the Holy Spirit.
It's also a day to recommit ourselves to Christ and ask for the Baptism in the Holy Spirit or more of the power of the Holy Spirit for ourselves.
  The following is a prayer from the Life In the Spirit Seminar guidebook to help us prepare for Pentecost.
Do you renounce Satan and all wrongdoing?
Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God,
that He died to free us from our sins, and that He rose to bring us new life?
Will you follow Jesus as your Lord?
Lord Jesus Christ, I want to belong to you from now on.
I want to be freed from the dominion of darkness and the rule of Satan, and I want to enter into Your Kingdom and be part of your people.
I will turn away from all wrongdoing, and I will avoid everything that lead me to wrongdoing.
I ask you to forgive all the sins that I have committed.
I offer my life to you, and I promise to obey you as my Lord.
I ask you to baptize me in the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment