Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Working For the Lord

"Though I thought I had toiled in vain,
  and for nothing uselessly spent my strength,
 Yet my reward is with the Lord,
  my recompense is with my God."  Isaiah 49:4

Whatever work you do, do it for the Lord and not for the praise of men. This gives meaning to all your work, no matter how menial, repetitive or boring.
  Praise and thanks from others--your boss, your spouse, your family--is rewarding, but the value of your work doesn't depend on the opinion of others. When we look to others for affirmation, we will be disappointed and frustrated.
  People are often self-centered and focused on their lives and what's happening to them. They are often oblivious to the work and sacrifice of those around them; they take others for granted. But God sees all you do and loves and appreciates your faithfulness to the tasks you have been given. In Him is your reward.

Whatever you do, work at it with your whole being.
Do it for the Lord rather than for men,
since you know full well you will receive an inheritance from Him
as your reward.  Colossians 3:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment