Tuesday, April 14, 2020

An Easter Mini-Miracle


During the Corona virus epidemic, I was sheltering at home. I prepared to watch the Facebook live presentation of Easter Sunday Mass on my computer, which I found a poor substitute for the real thing. I tried to make it more realistic by putting out a small glass of wine and some unleavened bread, and lighting a small tea light candle.
  As I sat down at my computer I noticed that the light on the candle I had lit was very tiny, almost ready to go out. I looked at the time and saw Mass was just about to begin; I wouldn’t have time to get another candle. About halfway through Mass I happened to glance at the candle, only to see it was burning normally. It continued to burn throughout Mass and went out by itself, just as the Mass ended.
  It was a message from God that even though the churches were closed, God’s power is not bound by our circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment