Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Some Scripture passages about eternal life

"If you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments." Mt 19:17 "I solemnly assure you, no one can see the reign of God unless he is begotten from above." Jn 3:5 "Whoever believes in the Son has life eternal. Jn 3:36 "I solemnly assure you, the man who hears my word and has faith in Him who sent me possesses eternal life." Jn 5:24 "He who feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has life eternal and I will raise him up on the last day." Jn 6:54 "'Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink. I was a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me. I was ill and you comforted me, in prison and you came to visit me.'" Mt 25:34b-36 "I give you my word, there is no one who has given up home, brothers or sisters, mother or father, children or property, for me and for the gospel who will not receive in this present age a hundred times as many homes, brothers and sisters, mothers, children and property...and in the age to come, everlasting life." Mk 10:29-30 "Indeed, this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks upon the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life." Jn 6:40 "My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish." Jn 10:27-28 "Give glory to your Son that your Son may give glory to you, inasmuch as you have given him authority over all mankind, that he may bestow eternal life on those you gave Him." Jn 17:1b-2 ...eternal life to those who strive for glory, honor, and immortality by patiently doing right;... Rom 2:7 God gave us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. Whoever possesses the Son possesses life; whoever does not possess the Son of God does not possess life. 1 Jn 5:11-12 For if you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Rom 10:9 (New American Bible)

No comments:

Post a Comment